BioImage Analyst Position at the Weizmann Institute of Science Cell Observatory
The Cell Observatory imaging core facility is looking for a BioImage Analyst to expand its image analysis service. The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary environment to support leading-edge life science research with advanced image analysis to visualize and quantitate biological relevant parameters from imaging data.
We are looking for a problem solver who is able to quickly grasp biological questions, translate them to the relevant image analysis terms and utilize a wide range of software tools to perform a robust analysis of imaging data.
https://www.weizmann.ac.il/LS_CoreFacilities/micc-cell-observatory/about Principal Responsibilities
· Create automated image processing and analysis pipelines using a variety of open source and commercial software.
· Design and implement software tools for solving image analysis problems from multidimensional microscopy datasets.
· Integrate deep learning methods into image analysis workflows.
· Document and train scientists in the use of developed tools.
· Advice and train researchers on image analysis techniques, guide them to correct software and solution through advisory service, workshops and practical courses.
· Manage image analysis software. Maintain, list and promote already existing tools.
· Follow recent developments in the field, evaluate, adapt and introduce new software tools within the facility.
· MSc. degree in Computer Science, Physics, Biology or related field.
· Proven experience of applying and/or developing image analysis tools.
· Strong programming skills in Python, Matlab, Java or equivalent.
· Strong communication and social skills to interact with the team and users. Must be able to communicate complex concepts in a simple-to-understand manner.
· Good time-management skills and ability to focus on more than one project at a time.
· Good verbal and written English language skills.
· Experience with analysis of microscopy data using Fiji/ImageJ, CellProfiler, Ilastik, Napari, Imaris, Arivis, Huygens, Amira or similar software.
· Experience with machine learning and deep learning.
· Good understanding in Microscopy.
· Knowledge in biology.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter by email to
Position number - 62258